If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your trial or if you pleaded guilty in federal court, you can file a Notice of Appeal within 14 days of the judgment and appeal your case to the U.S. Court of Appeals. If you lose your appeal, you can challenge your case in the Supreme Court. However, the Supreme Court typically only hears cases that have the potential to affect other defendants throughout the criminal justice system. Keep in mind that if you waived your right to appeal as part of a plea agreement, you won’t be able to appeal your case.